Tuesday 23 February 2010

Cough cough

I'm ill.

What a disappointment. I started to feel unwell on Saturday midst my prep for my schooldays party and it has now really progressed to a full-blown cold. I woke up in the middle of last night with runny eyes and nose. There was no chance of me going back to sleep so I spent most of last night, well between 1am and 4am, watching ice-skating from Vancouver. It was really beautiful stuff but it was also a very lonely time. You can (almost) hear yourself breathe! Nobody else is awake and you know that! Everyone else is sleeping (snoring) away and here you sit and feel sorry for yourself.

Well. It certainly interrupted my training. I was due for a double spinning session today, one this morning and one this evening but being sensible, I cancelled. Another wasted day. Urghh.

Due to work commitments, I won't be able to go to any spinning tomorrow either but hope to go on Thursday.

On another note, I was invited to submit interest to attend the Copenhagen Velo-City 2010 conference in June. What a shame, but I will have to skip it as I will be in Scotland that time cycling the last few legs of the LEJOG.

I've submitted the link and description to the conference below, it really looks like a fabulous opportunity! I hope a lot of UK planners go so that we can get real cycling provision in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment