Monday 21 June 2010

Day 9 - 20 June

Stats : 76.54mi

3748 cals

Average speed :11.3

Well again I think the stats tell the story, however the last bit of the day I just really ran out of steam. If bonking is what I felt I certainly think I had it. We were coming down in the pass when I just felt really dizzy. I felt like I wanted to faint. I had to get off the bike and walk for a while just to try and recover.

We are staying tonight in the highest village in Scotland, a place called Wanlockhead. A TV series called Hope Springs was filmed here a while ago.

Big highlight of the day was crossing the border into Scotland. Such a feeling to realise that I have actually cycled all through England to arrive here in Scotland !

Our route tomorrow will take us through Glasgow and then north to Loch Lomond, our stay tomorrow night.

So far we've only had headwinds and no tail winds but from our weather report tonight is might change tomorrow ! Watch this space !

No comments:

Post a Comment